After a successful time exhibiting in Phoenix at the Waste Management Symposia 2022, we’re excited to be a returning exhibitor at this year’s event. With 2,000+ nuclear waste industry delegates and opportunities to exchange ideas and technical information this is the place to be for anyone looking to discuss cost effective solutions, the management and disposition of radioactive wastes, and the decommissioning of nuclear facilities.
WM SYMPOSIA 2023 DETAILS:
WHAT: WM Symposia 2023 | 49th Annual | 900+ Presentations | Representing 30+ Countries WHEN: February 26th-March 1st, 2023 WHERE: Phoenix, Arizona—3rd floor of the PCC North Building, Halls A-D—Booth 1046 HOSTED BY: WM Symposia Inc—a non-profit organization dedicated to providing education and information exchange on global radioactive waste management.
What To Expect
- We will be exhibiting again this year at the Symposia along with 200+ other exhibitors who work within the radioactive waste management industry.
- Experience over 900+ presentations with keynote speakers, panelists, demos, and more.
- Chat with our sales team and learn about current and past clients who’ve experienced success when combining nuclear decontamination applications with our state-of-the-art laser cleaning systems.
- Visit the WM Symposia’s website to see a complete schedule of events for the conference.
LASER ABLATION IN NUCLEAR DECONTAMINATION
With more than 440 nuclear power plants currently operating worldwide and 50 new plants currently under construction, there’s a rapidly growing need for nuclear decontamination processes. The costs to maintain and decommission these sites are often high and are extremely challenging to sustain. Laser ablation offers a more affordable alternative to media blasting and other traditional radiological decontamination processes due to its lack of secondary cleanup, environmental and operator friendliness, and low operating costs.
BENEFITS OF LASER CLEANING FOR NUCLEAR DECONTAMINATION
- Avoids equipment contamination using simple techniques
- Safe way to remove lead-based paints
- Capable of cleaning a wide range of materials
- Does not create radiological mixed waste
- Offers a new option to reduce dose rates
- Decontamination factor of up to 100%
- Reduces fixed and loose surface contamination
- Excellent for cleaning and surface prep for NDI testing
- Nearly zero harm to base material and surrounding equipment
- Produces a pure, clean surface for metal-to-metal contact for welding
Our laser cleaning systems can be handheld or automated making them ideal for on-site applications in the field as well as robotic, industrial setups. From helping to conduct hot tests in Fukushima, Japan after the devastating earthquake in 2011, to creating the gantry-based laser systems for fully automated decontamination, us and our partners at cleanLASER have years of experience in nuclear decontamination.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT LASER CLEANING?
Adapt Laser specializes in providing the highest-quality laser cleaning systems available. Our systems come in both handheld and automated options making them versatile for different coating removal applications and surface preparation. We offer formal laser operations and safety training to ensure both you and your employees get the most out of the laser cleaning system. Our headquarters is in Kansas City, MO but we have sales managers across the country who can travel to your facility for an on-site demo. Over the past 16 years we have equipped numerous companies across varying industries with our state-of-the-art laser cleaning systems.
If you’re looking for a faster, totally unique industrial cleaning and coating removal process, contact us today or call (816) 466-5855 to find the right laser cleaning system for your application.